LET’S GO Boys and Girls will hold its Second Charity Annual Golf Tournament and Silent Auction on Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the Baltimore Country Club–Five Farms East Course on May 16, 2019. This is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy one of the top golf courses and help area youth succeed in STEM.
The Baltimore Country Club’s East Course at Five Farms ranks in the Top 50 Golf Courses in America and in the top 100 in the world according to Golf Digest. Designed and built by A.W. Tillinghast in 1926, the course was renovated by Kevin Foster in 2015. The Club hosted the 1928 PGA Championship among several other major events over the years.
Last year’s event raised over $30,000 to support LET’S GO STEM programs to benefit area youth. This year’s goal is to raise $50,000 to further LET’S GO’s mission to break the cycle of poverty through STEM education and workforce development for K to 12th grade students from low income families in Annapolis, Baltimore, and Washington, DC. During the 2018-2019 school year, LET’S GO will serve over 2,000 students by providing over 125 informal STEM learning experiences delivered by over 67 instructors trained by the LET’S GO team. Independent evaluators have confirmed LET’S GO’s success in helping students develop STEM identities, enhance academic performance, and increase 21st century workplace skills.
Fundraising Goal $50,000
Schedule of Events
On-site Check-In 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Lunch & Welcome 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Warm-up on the Putting Greens 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Shot Gun Start 1:00 p.m.
Awards Reception & Silent Auction 5:30 p.m., following the tournament
• The format will be the best two balls of each foursome (both gross and net).
• The maximum number of strokes any player can take on a hole is a triple bogey. (This will enable us to keep up the pace of play.)
• Mulligans will be available for $10 each, limit one per player.
• Baltimore Country Club will be providing carts for all the players.
• Long drive for the men on hole #1/Long drive for the women on hole #11.
• Closest to the pin on hole #4 and hole #13.
• Crystal Trophies for first and second low net foursomes.
• Crystal Trophies for first low gross foursome.
• Each player will receive a $150 Baltimore Country Club pro-shop gift certificate redeemable at any time
• Shorts are welcome; however, collared shirts are required.
• Jeans of any type are prohibited.
• Cell phones are PROHIBITED on the course and in the clubhouse. You can only use them in your car. The Club will enforce this rule.
• For the directions, dress code, and electronic use rule at Baltimore Country Club, please click here
Tournament Registration – Click Here to Register
• Four Person Team $6,000
• Three Person Team $4,500
• Two Person Team $3,000
• Single Golfer $1,500
• Awards Dinner Reception & Silent Auction (only) $200
• Golf tournament fees includes lunch, golf cart, greens fees, $150 Baltimore Country Club pro-shop gift certificate, award dinner reception, and silent auction.
• All proceeds benefit LET’S GO Boys and Girls. LET’S GO Boys and Girls, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
• The awards reception will follow the close of golf tournament at 5:30 p.m
• The reception will feature a buffet dinner, awards presentation, and a charity silent auction to support the LET’S GO’s STEM youth programs
• Award reception dinner and silent auction ticket $175 per person
Silent Auction Items
We are pleased to announce the list of donations for our Silent Auction fundraiser:
• Round of golf at and lunch for three people at Caves Valley Golf Club
• Round of golf at and lunch for three people at Baltimore Country Club
• Boat trip down the Severn River to watch the Blue Angels air show in front of the Naval Academy
• New top of the 2019 line driver of your choice including custom fitting
• Four great seats to a Orioles baseball game with parking pass
• If you are interested in donating an item for the auction, please contact Deborah Chin or Rick Spivey
Golf Tournament Committee
• Rick Spivey, Golf Tournament Co-Chair & LET’S GO Board Member (email@example.com or 410-252-0808)
• Jim Arrison, Golf Tournament Co-Chair & LET’S GO Board Member (firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-303-3976)
• Bob Kavetsky, LET’S GO Board Member
• Yanni Neibuhr, LET’S GO Board Member
Need assistance? Please contact:
• Deborah Chin, Director of Special Projects, LET’S GO Boys and Girls (email@example.com or 410-279-4424).
• Margaret Shea-Moore, COO, LET’S GO Boys and Girls (firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-703-9487).
Read our STEM student success stories here which are made possible by donations like yours.